Roaming within European Union (EU) Countries has changed. Selected prepaid plans now include EU Countries roaming services. Lycamobile prepaid plans that include an EU Countries roaming allowance are marked ‘EU Roaming’ and bear the EU emblem as below.
To see which of our prepaid plans include an EU Countries roaming allowance, please click here.
These EU Countries roaming plans allow you to make calls, texts and data when roaming within EU Countries as if you were using your plan at home. However, these selected plans are subject to our Fair Usage Policy described below.
IMPORTANT: Some of our prepaid plans do not include an EU Countries roaming allowance. Before purchasing a plan, please check that it includes all the services you want to use.
*EU Countries includes EEA countries. The full list is below:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
Pay As You Go
You can use EU Countries roaming services on Pay As You Go. Lycamobile Pay As You Go customers roaming within EU Countries will be charged at our Standard National Rates, as below. Receiving calls and texts while roaming within EU Countries will be free of charge.
|UK Landlines||UK Mobiles (Lycamobile)||UK Mobiles (Other mobile)||SMS (Lycamobile)||SMS (Other mobile)||Data|
For call rates to non-EU Countries when roaming within EU Countries, please click here.
Fair Usage Policy and Important Information
- • Our roaming services are intended for Lycamobile customers who visit EU Countries for short periods, for example a holiday or short trip. Our roaming Fair Usage Policy is designed to prevent misuse of our EU Countries roaming products and service.
- • To use our EU Countries roaming services you must first activate your SIM in your home country (and have purchased a Lycamobile product that includes EU Countries roaming services).
- • Your calls to other Lycamobile numbers are free at home (minimum top-up applies), but when you roam within EU Countries they will be charged (or deducted from your plan allowance) as standard calls.
- • If we identify abusive usage of our roaming services due to organised resale of our SIM cards to persons who normally live outside of the UK then we may take immediate proportionate measures to stop this, which could include suspension of services. We will send a text message to any such affected SIM cards.
- • If you have any queries or wish to complain about our roaming services, please contact us.